MACALLAN FINE OAK 18 YEAR OLD
70cl / 43%
- Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Distillery Bottling
- The Macallan is the heavyweight when it comes to Speyside malts. Located in Craigellachie it was founded in 1824 by Alexander Reid. Macallan’s are notably well sherried, due to the fact they are only ever matured in ex-sherry casks from Jerez, Spain.
- The Macallan is now recognised as one of, if not the finest, malt whiskies ever to grace Scotch whisky.
- They also happen to be extremely collectable. Characteristics: Sherried and oaky, floral and spicy.
- Macallan 18yo Fine Oak is matured in a combination of Bourbon & Sherry Oak Casks. This range has been around for a few years now and seems to have weathered the storm it caused amongst the faithful when it was initially released. This one is probably the pick of the (Fine Oak) bunch.
- The Six Pillars are the foundation stones for the fame and character of The Macallan. They encompass the strong sense of place at the heart of the distillery and the estate, together with our long experience of distilling and maturing a single malt whisky.
The Spiritual Home
Built in 1700 from locally quarried sandstone for Captain John Grant, our Spiritual Home, Easter Elchies House, is a fine example of a Highland manor house. The 390-acre Macallan Estate lies in an area of natural beauty and is farmed sensitively, in harmony with the environment.
We carefully select the finest quality spirit from our stills to ensure we create the best single malt whisky. This finest cut ensures we produce our signature viscous mouth-feel and fruity aroma and flavour. This small portion, or ‘cut’ is incredibly selective and one of the finest in the industry. It is primarily responsible for the full-bodied richness of The Macallan new make spirit. This clear colourless spirit is selected at just under 70% alcohol by volume. Distinctly robust and characterful this ‘new make’ spirit is the starting point for all Macallan.